Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What I think, IS NOT ok.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RawRiii:)

PostSubject: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 am

Ok, so it was one thing, when we all had to get rid of what we made in 1.8, because thats what Coren and Perry wanted, and thats over and done with. Then, when we were all happy with the facebook group, A forum had to be made, to make it easier for lke 3 people, and harder for the rest, and thats over and done with. Then, after 1.9 started it wasnt so bad...whatever. Then, on Corens post a couple of days ago, it was pretty much just about how he didnt like what people had made. Last time I checked, minecarft was a game to be creative, and throw whatever you want wherever if you think it can work, so when people arent part of our 'community' they should just get off the server, thats not nice, its just rude. Let people do their own stuff and show you after to see if you like it. Coren, stop acting like you own the server, stop being so patronising about everything, and just let us have fun, without getting in the way..I don't wanna be mean, but this is annoying. Very, Very annoying. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coren
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 am

Everybody BUT you and Avishai wanted to start over in 1.9. The forum was for my brother, because he doesn't have a facebook, plus it was really annoying to constantly get notifications.

Of course minecarft is a place for creativity, but what annoyed me was that instead of finding a way to make your room big without affecting the outside appearance of the house, you built out in a way that it was easy for mobs to get on our roof, and made it look like our house was going to fall over.
You have to consider the community when you do things. Ultimately, if what you're doing or what you want to do is more damaging to the community than helping, then don't do it. But you have to think things through.

Also, I'm sorry for being rough on you. I was a little mean, but I was very frustrated after all that had happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
namrorrim
mirrorman

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am

Basically, if you were born during the holocaust, you're probably a jew from concentrate.

Oops Embarassed I meant to say;

I hear what you're saying, but Coren has put it down flat, if it has more damaging effects, then it isn't worth it, no matter how cool it is.

But bottom line, if you're not having fun, or you're having fun at someone elses expense, it's not going right, and a change must to be made ^^;

But that's just me, you can ignore my post, especially the bad joke =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:49 pm

RawRiii:) wrote:
when people arent part of our 'community' they should just get off the server, thats not nice, its just rude. Mad
I never said this.... neither has Coren....

Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:37 pm

RawRiii, you have stated a few very valid points.
However, things like that should obviously go both ways.

The thing about being part of a community is, if all you're doing is wondering what you'd like to do next (expand a room, make a tunnel, use community resources, etc etc) without considering if this would be beneficial for all of us, then you're not part of the community, but a parasite.
To not be a parasite, all it takes is a little community consideration, or better yet, communication. If there's something you're not sure about, just ask.

Don't blame Coren for acting like it's his server. Basically it is. Perry and he have been the most giving members of the community even if you forget who actually *is* hosting the server. Perry, Coren and I had found and placed the foundations of the current community home, and after I went to bed, it was *they* who continued to build up and around, and started stocking up with resources.

Then I made a mine, was all happy with the amount of iron, gold and diamonds I had found in such a short time, only to find that there already was far more in the house than I had found so far.
And now? Now whenever we look in chests we see *less* than we expect. With a community this big, that shouldn't be happening.

It doesn't have to be necessary to keep on restocking what you use, but people certainly shouldn't use stocks in excess without warning.
And the creativity thing? Yes, by all means, be creative. But not at the cost of the global aesthetics. You don't have to be alone, either. You could ask help creating an overhang with a nice pillar or two, and perhaps finish it off by making a nice terrace on the extra roof.

The thing about communities is...
You're not alone.
<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
namrorrim
mirrorman

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:43 am

Oh mystic my mystic.

You have said it very eloquently, and I would upvote your post if it were a possibility. <3 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:51 pm

With such a compliment I find it ironic and slightly embarrassing that I had to look 'eloquent' up, just to be sure...

~
Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

It's like raaaaaiin, on your wedding day.
It's a free ride, when you've already paid.
It's the good advice, THAT'CHA JUST DIDN'T TAKE.
And who would've thought, it figured
~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
namrorrim
mirrorman

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:10 pm

... Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coren
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:34 am

Glun I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I think, IS NOT ok.    

Back to top Go down

What I think, IS NOT ok.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-
Jump to: