Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redgate Station

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 am

So after everyone's marvelous work, we now have a functional minecart route from portal to portal.
However the journey is still long, and it's got some kinks in the design.

I'm posting to draw attention to the figurative ones.

I've been testing JeansF's work with the accelerator placement, and they seem quite lovely now, although there's still a few bug-prone corners, and bits where misplaced lag can stop the cart completely.
This isn't so bad, because them's circumstantial stuff which shouldn't crop up too often.

A bigger problem is the ZOMBAAAAY pigmen. They have been spawning around, and I've been going back and forth trying to clear the tracks, and, if possible, find and eliminate any leftover spawning areas.
I *think* I've eliminated most now, which means that the road is now open for public use.

I think.

Any other adjustments needed? Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 am

Does killing them make it less likely for them to spawn in that area...?
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:41 am

Not that I know of. There were, however some large (and small) open areas which would heighten chances of pigment wandering onto the tracks, which I've closed off or filled up.
I have no idea how to improve things from this point onwards
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:35 am

Well, I guess we'll just have to see how often they spawn there
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Please don't throw items and/or place blocks on the tracks as it will stop minecarts. As temping as it is to throw out all that rotten flesh, please don't dump it on the tracks.
Back to top Go down
namrorrim
mirrorman
namrorrim

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:33 pm

I'd say, after taking the track back and forth many times that maybe 1 out of 4 trips is flawless. Every other one either lag, pigs, or some random item ruins it =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Redgate Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redgate Station   Redgate Station Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redgate Station
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-
Jump to: