Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

SLAVERY?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 am

I've been thinking, banning people doesn't really make them think about what they did or make them repay us, so how about SLAVERY?cheersVery Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy
When someone does something bad, we all vote on how many days they have to work for us.
We will schedule the time in which this person will work for us. Before and after their work day begins they will be banned so the only thing they do during slavery is WORK.
A day of slavery will consist of supplying us with a lot of something, for example, 10 iron blocks per day, and whatever other ores you find in the process(mine at diamond level).
Or maybe less mining and more other stuff like: 5 iron blocks, 2 stacks of logs.
What do you think? Should we go the way of Soviet Russia? Sending people to Siberia?
Let me know what you think, I personally think this would be a much more effective punishment than banning.Twisted Evil

king

cheersVery Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy cheersVery Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy cheers cheersVery Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy
                                                       cheersVery Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy cheersVery Happy Very Happy cheers cheers Very Happy cheersVery Happy Very Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy cheers
                                                Very Happy cheers Very Happy cheers cheersVery Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheersVery Happy cheers cheers cheersVery Happy cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy cheersVery Happy cheers Very Happy Very Happy cheers

The people will serve their king happily, or be banished.

Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadsilentCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadsilentCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadsilentCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadsilentCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad

Greenbargo

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 am

i like it elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 am

Sounds profitable, but I really don't see how it could work...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:38 am

A way to make this work is if we teleported them far away and gave them a bit a wood and stone to start off.
By the end of their time they would need to have the resources we tell them to work for.

Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:59 am

Hmm, worth a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coren
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 am

I think this could work in certain cases, like if someone wasted some of our resources that we need.

namrorrim
mirrorman

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Worth a try imho.

Perhaps the old house shall be our slavery pen ;o

Uhh, yeah some wood and stone to start oif, and maybe a bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:48 am

I was thinking maybe there could be different types of slavery from which we'll chose according to how bad what the person did was.

For example, Coren and I thought we could have the slave use all the cobblestone and coal they find in their mine to make a giant smoothstone pyramid, something like 60x60.
Also, we could have them make a quarry (A quarry is when you take a certain square area and have them dig it down to bedrock).

We could also have a system where there's no pre-decided amount of time they have to work. We would just decide when they've learned their lesson.
In that case, we would only vote on what their slavery will consist of.

We have to decide if we want they're work to be more of a way of teaching them a lesson, or making them pay us back.
I personally think it should mostly be teaching them a lesson the same way banning was supposed to do, but more effectively with a smaller element of paying is back.

Let me know what you think.

Greenbargo

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 am

i really don't think we should do the pyramid cause it just seems pointless cause like perry said or we teach them a lesson or they pay us back, but paying us back directly means they have to learn a lesson, i mean all of that time digging or what not definitely teaches them a lesson (btw i don't mean just pay us back for what ever damage they caused, but get us a certain amount of some resource ) elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 am

Greenbargo wrote:
paying us back directly means they have to learn a lesson, i mean all of that time digging or what not definitely teaches them a lesson (btw i don't mean just pay us back for what ever damage they caused, but get us a certain amount of some resource )

I don't really understand what you mean, especially "i don't mean just pay us back for what ever damage they cause, but get us a certain amount of some resource.

What I meant was that either we make the punishment more about working hard for their freedom (teaching them a lesson) or more about paying us by mining and such (paying us back).

I think what you might've meant there was that they don't need to just pay what they destroyed, like a broken window and wooden walls, but they actually have to get us some resource regardless of what they destroyed, in which case I completely agree, because that's what I meant when I said "pay us back" and I understand why you misunderstood that.

Greenbargo

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:19 am

exactly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLAVERY?   

Back to top Go down

SLAVERY?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-