Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doing work for the community

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
natik the nlionf

Doing work for the community Empty
PostSubject: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:01 am

Some people aren't good at mining, so they can chop wood. Some don't like chopping wood, so they can gather gunpowder or whatever.

Not everyone has to mine. Give out jobs to certain people who are better at certain things. People like me, avishai, and natan can mine. While shifra can gather wood, perry can organize chests, and so on.

Shifra should be given iron axes and maybe a diamond one if she does enough, the miners should be given iron picks and a diamond one if they've done enough, and Perry should be given an iron chest and maybe a diamond one if he's done enough (armor that is).

Use bows and arrows! They're more effective than diamond swords and much cheaper. If the miners are good eventually we'll be back at a good amount of diamonds, and people can make more diamond stuff. I plan on getting diamond armor eventually, but for that i'll have to mine more than 24 and make sure there's enough for the community.

If everyone just asks before they make something made of diamonds we will never have this problem again (of people using more than they give).

You may argue that no one really needs diamond tools and that everyone should settle for stone, but stone is so slow and if someone has gathered enough gunpowder, wood, iron, diamond, gold, etc. why not give them a diamond tool for their work?
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:08 am

I think I like this proposal.

Although I'd like to point out that the value of 'enough' should be correlated with the effective diamond and iron income of the miners.
One shouldn't give too many iron tools out of we don't have much iron, obviously.
Same for diamonds.

I'm pretty sure all this stand to logical reason, but I'm just saying anyway.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:09 am

I like this idea, everyone should do whatever they can to help anyways though, for example, I'm still going to mine and cut wood even though it's not my official job.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am

Quite so!
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:39 am

Perry wrote:
I like this idea, everyone should do whatever they can to help anyways though, for example, I'm still going to mine and cut wood even though it's not my official job.
That's just it, if everyone does their job well, people won't have to dip into other jobs. Maybe you don't have a problem with doing multiple jobs, but some people aren't good at some things, so let them do what they're good at for the sake of them having something to do.

1 person can keep us supplied with wood. 3 people can definitely keep us supplied with ores. 1 person is enough to organize the chests, and 1 person can manage all the farms.

Of course fighting monsters or harvesting farms are less permanent jobs so everyone can do those as they please. But there should be no reason why you, the chests organizer should have to go chop wood.

Some jobs may not seem like alot but that's the point, to leave as much time as possible for doing what's actually fun. building cool things, or exploring, or sheep farming(wtf?).
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:45 am

I don't agree with this, actually. I personally do whatever I see needs to be done, or whatever I feel like doing. It's counter-productive to limit people like that.
I proposed a very similar idea to Perry a while back, but the main difference is that everyone has small jobs. Easy, relatively fast things they should do once a day/ whenever they're on. Then they can do whatever the hell they want with the rest of their time.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 am

I really thought what I said was completely agreeable, I didn't imagine anyone would object to what I said.
I really don't think you should be telling people only to do one thing. According to your system, I will ONLY organize chests, I will be practically idle.
People should just have something that they're officially supposed to do, and should be encouraged to help with whatever.
You really shouldn't tell people to limit their work so much, this would mean I would be doing like a 10th of what I do now.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:00 am

I'd also like to point out that basically the first thing I usually do when I log on is ask 'anyone need help with anything?'.
Be it wood, cobblestone, or building aid, if someone needed something, I'd be glad to help if I could.

I'll admit that since opening the Mine of the Mystic I haven't done much mining. However, I haven't used any resources either, save for the materials people gave me that they wanted help with, or the materials I gathered myself (for the mammoth cactus, for instance)

The point is, if something's needed, often I go fetch.
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 am

Perry wrote:
I really thought what I said was completely agreeable, I didn't imagine anyone would object to what I said.
I really don't think you should be telling people only to do one thing. According to your system, I will ONLY organize chests, I will be practically idle.
People should just have something that they're officially supposed to do, and should be encouraged to help with whatever.
You really shouldn't tell people to limit their work so much, this would mean I would be doing like a 10th of what I do now.

Why would you be practically idle? You could be building much more if we gave people jobs. I'm not saying we should restrict what people can do I'm saying it won't be necessary to do most of them. If you enjoy doing minecarft chores then by all means go ahead, but i would prefer to do as little as possible because those things just aren't fun. I'll do my job because I must but I don't find minecarft "chores" fun.

Obviously if someone wants to build something using lots of wood they will go out and cut some wood themselves, but that's in personal interest.

If some special needs arise then sure you could ask people to do them but I can't really think of what that could be.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 am

natik the nlionf wrote:

Obviously if someone wants to build something using lots of wood they will go out and cut some wood themselves, but that's in personal interest.

If some special needs arise then sure you could ask people to do them but I can't really think of what that could be.

That's really all I meant when I said
Perry wrote:
Back to top Go down
namrorrim
mirrorman
namrorrim

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 am

... So basically;

I don't give a F7U12 what you guys agree on, I'm still gonna mine, and I'm still gonna collect wood, or whatever mobs I want to hunt for.

And I'm still gonna use resources, and I'm still gonna do whatever the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I do.

And the bottom line is, I'm gonna have fun, without caring about this whole argument thing, and I'm gonna keep doing what Nam does best.

That's right bitches, I'm gonna spam until the sun comes up, and I'll have fun doing it, and I'll make sure other people enjoy it too... or else.

TL;DR
Screw this poo, I'm going to play the way I have played, and you guys can argue and agree on whatever you want. And as long as I'm not doing at the expense of anyone elses carfting experience, IDGAF. <3

Hearts all around, also please note, the Nether portal is now being renamed to 'The looking glass" and every time you got hrough you have to say "Through the looking glass - By Lewis Caroll" In the voice of an Audiobook reader dude.

KTHXBAI C:
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm just saying that if we had organized jobs certain people (including me) would do more.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:15 pm

namrorrim wrote:
... So basically;

I don't give a F7U12 what you guys agree on, I'm still gonna mine, and I'm still gonna collect wood, or whatever mobs I want to hunt for.

And I'm still gonna use resources, and I'm still gonna do whatever the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I do.

And the bottom line is, I'm gonna have fun, without caring about this whole argument thing, and I'm gonna keep doing what Nam does best.

That's right bitches, I'm gonna spam until the sun comes up, and I'll have fun doing it, and I'll make sure other people enjoy it too... or else.

TL;DR
Screw this poo, I'm going to play the way I have played, and you guys can argue and agree on whatever you want. And as long as I'm not doing at the expense of anyone elses carfting experience, IDGAF. <3

Hearts all around, also please note, the Nether portal is now being renamed to 'The looking glass" and every time you got hrough you have to say "Through the looking glass - By Lewis Caroll" In the voice of an Audiobook reader dude.

KTHXBAI C:

Nam, you are a hero.
Back to top Go down
namrorrim
mirrorman
namrorrim

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:39 pm

"Everyone's a Hero in their own way. You and you, and mostly me, and you."

~Edited by Coren for misquoting the genius that is Doctor Horrible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doing work for the community   Doing work for the community Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doing work for the community
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-
Jump to: