Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)

Go down 

Locked chests plugin?
YES
56%
 56% [ 5 ]
NO
44%
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:06 am

Shifra (Rawriii) and I were on at the same time and decided to start working on our town. We cleared some trees and built a little infrastructure.
We both built ourselves houses and I built our town a nice farm. Glun came and was about to start building town hall when he had to go on short notice.
Anyway, come join us at Z: 1700 X: 800. It isn't very far from the mushroom biome (only a few hundred blocks away).
It's the same place I posted A screenshot of. It's a swamp area with some hills nearby and it's bordering a snow biome.

On another note, now that we're capitalist, Jeansf suggested I get a plugin so we can lock our chests. Unless anyone has any objections, I'll do this.
Locking chests would mean nobody has to hide their stuff or have a secondary secret base with their stuff.
With the plugin I have in mind, you can decide who has access to your each chest you create, and by default only you can open a chest you create.

So let me know what you think about this. If nobody objects by December 28th I'll just get the plugin.

EDIT: It makes more sense to have a poll ending on that date!

Last edited by Perry on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:13 am

I object to the locked chests thing.
I prefer to put value in trust.

Also I'm not a capitalist. I'm either going to be a beggar or a philanthropist, 'cos what's mine is yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
namrorrim
mirrorman

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:05 am

The only thing I currently have to say is: Meow.

But srsly, I like the challange of having to hide your stuff, it makes the game so much more fun ^^; Kind of like real life! :O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greenbargo

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:08 pm

i agree completely with namrorrim, i don't like the idea of having locked chests there is a fun part in the a whole hiding it and stealing and stuff like that

i'm just REALLY against it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micha

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Personally, I am very much for this -- I have a hidden chest at the moment, and it's REALLY annoying to have to dig through a bunch of [REDACTED] and replace it every time I want to get something. Also, I assume if anyone is caught stealing there will be penalties, so why not prevent it in the first place?

Also, which plugin is it you're considering? You should (IMO) get one that allows password protection, rather than biometrics. That way, for example, you can have prize chests, or you can have emergency supplies that you can give someone access to, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilBastard
Mr. Webman

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm just tired of keeping my hard-mined diamonds on me.
my inventory is stuffed and its hard for me to do projects because i only have one slot open to do anything with.

I think we should definitely have a way to leave chests open if we so desire - I'd love to share pretty much everything as long as I have enough for me - I just don't want to be pissed off at having what little ores i have disappear because i didn't waste 20 minutes digging a massive tunnel to hide my chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micha

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Right -- Evil has a very good point. Chest protection should definitely be opt-in (i.e. you manually lock the chest), not opt-out (chests are locked unless you specify otherwise).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:11 pm

If we have to have chest locks, I agree that they'd have to be opt-in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coren
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:31 am

Opt-in locks, fo sho

Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:35 am

I'll make it opt-in.

Greenbargo

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:05 am

i'm not for the idea that if someone is caught stealing from a chest that it should be settled with banning, i hate that! i think all differences should be settled in the the game by the players not by admin powers!!!now that does not mean i want people to steal i just want them to be punished by the player they stole from not by the server admin
i feel really strongly about this.

griefing btw i feel differently about, (griefing not in the sense of stealing, but in the sense of ruining someones work )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micha

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:41 am

Avishai -- I could not disagree with you more. For one, that would be, basically, anarchy. There should definitely be recourse in situations like these -- there needs to be, at the very least, a penalty for things like that beyond simply leaving it up to the victim to take revenge. And I don't see why stealing and vandalism should be treated differently. As far as I'm co Verne's, they're both forms if grieving. If you could explain why you think that way, we could maybe discuss it further, but your statement that theft and vandalism are different seems absurd to ne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 am

Even though I mostly agree with you, I'd just like to drop the statement that 'Anarchy' doesn't always mean uncivil chaos, but is a legitimate society system that, especially in smaller groups, has the potential to work very well indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micha

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:30 am

Point taken. In this case, I meant the former.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:36 am

Greenbargo wrote:
griefing not in the sense of stealing, but in the sense of ruining someones work

How is stealing not "ruining someones work"?
If you worked really hard to get a bunch of ores and the next day someone stole them, they would have ruined your hard work.

Btw, I could make it so only I can lock chests and then you would need my permission to lock chests.
If we did this, we could make it so you're only allowed a certain amount of locked chests in your house, and only in your house.
This would make the plugin serve only the specific purpose we want it for, and nothing else.

Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:39 am

Here's a screenshot of town. It's coming along nicely.

Greenbargo

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Ok ok. I did not make my point very well, but I'm still not for locked chests.
And Micha, the whole thing you said, I answer to that I don't like admins stepping in. I like it when players work stuff out.
And yes I mean the victim causing revenge. but I guess I'm the only one who wants a pvp server so w/e.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Sounds good to me.

Perry-controlled chestlocks, I mean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coren
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:09 am

Glun, or anyone who's in favor of Perry-controlled locks who voted against, cancel your vote and vote yes.

Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:34 am

Thirty minutes ago, the date became December 28.
As you may know, this is the date the vote closes.

Here are the final results:

YES 55% [ 5 ]

NO 44% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

In conclusion, we will have the chest-locking plugin and chest locking will be moderated by me so that we limit the amount of locked chests people have in their house, and only in their house.

Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:07 am

Here's another screenshot of town.

Micha

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Cool. Now, can you *please* find a plugin to move full chests? I have a large chest at the mushroom biome, with stuff in it. I need to move it, and I don't want to have to carry my valuables over, if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:57 pm

That's cheating, Micha. Just go in two or three runs or ask for some help =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coren
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Agreed. Also, Glun, when are you building town hall?!?!? I wanna see your awesome design!!!

Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 am

Hush, I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)   

Back to top Go down

Our Town and Locked Chests (IMPORTANT)
Page 1 of 1