Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I think is NOT FAIR

Go down 
+3
natik the nlionf
RawRiii:)
Perry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

What I think is NOT FAIR Empty
PostSubject: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Yesterday, Shifra (rawriii) came out of a cave with 21 iron, this was the FIRST TIME she gave to the community.
This is NOT OK, she's been in the community since 1.7 and she has only been TAKING things WE worked hard for.
And then she gets mad at US for getting in the way of fun when she builds something that bothers everyone else.
She says it's not fair when everyone but her and Avishai wants to do something.
Well you know what's NOT FAIR?
That all of this time she hasn't helped at all. The we have been working hard while she mooches off of us.
All of this time she has been careless with the resources that WE worked hard for, she lost us around 2 diamond blocks the other day.
As I'm typing this I'm arguing with her in chat and she just said that the communism system is retarded.
I really don't think she should be part of our community, seriously, look at my signature, it says it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Number one,
I took 5 diamonds.
Number two, Im sorry.
Number three, i shall not post anything more on this post, because im going to explode.
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm the one that said the communism system is retarded, she simply said "thank you natik".

I think it's stupid because what you call communism is actually called "hoarding iron and diamonds"

So what if some people take a bit more than they give, she didn't lose those diamonds on purpose. As long as we have enough resources then people should take what they need. So she took a bit more than she needed, she said she won't do that again. That's no reason to kick her from the community.

Another problem is the "everyone lives together" rule. You could abolish that, but leave the community chests building. That way people don't fight over what looks nice and what doesn't.

Maybe we should make it more like TNT town was, have some main stuff and then people can build what they want with authorization.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

She doesn't "take a little more than she gives" she gives CLOSE TO NOTHING and takes A LOT more than she needs is careless with things WE WORKED FOR.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Everyone just Calm. The Fork. Down.

Item one:
The idea of being a communal communist community means that we work for the benefit of the majority.

Item two:
minecarft is a game. The idea of such a game is to enjoy ourselves.

Item three:
People often enjoy using resources more than finding them.
This leads to the more level-headed part of the community doing more hard work than the less considerate part.

Item four:
Creating a perfect community with people used to other (capitalist) mechanics is impossible. It's irrational to think we can all work together seamlessly. Therefore there should be some allowance for the odd annoyance.

Item five:
There Is A Limit To The Allowance Able To Be Given.

Item six:
Creating Iron tools when stone tools will do is lazy and wasteful. Using diamond tools for anything but mining obsidian is out of the question, because it simply isn't necessary.

Item seven: Traveling with a buddy who can help pick up lost items is prudent.
Do it more often.

Item eight: Be more considerate, all of you!
Also take my advice.

Does that make it clear to everyone?
Follow the code, guys.
Back to top Go down
Micha

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Glun, just one small comment on item 6: When going to mine, taking/making an iron pick is very important. However, for everything else, except swords, I don't see any reason at all to use higher than stone.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm

"When stone tools will do" is the key connection there, Micha. Stone tools won't do when mining gold or diamonds, for instance.

To reiterate the outcome Case of RawRiii And The Diamonds:

Much has been lost, and I don't mean virtual minecarft resources.
There was a bit of a scolding upset, but with everyone's help we finally came to a consensus.

The Verdict:
RawRiii will reimburse some of the damage done, and re-earn her place in the community by collecting for us:

One Diamond Block

(Or 9 diamonds)

It is my hope that this task is completed before the end of the week, and that the community will function happily together from thereon out.

RawRiii, I wish thee luck, and when searching... Watch out for lava. Really.

Case Closed!
*hammerdesk*

Last edited by Glunnator on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Responding to micha)
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:30 am

Item one: Glun, I freaking love you.

Item two: The problem here is not that she lost some ores, we really don't care that much about it. What I'm really pissed about is that all this time... All this time, she hasn't contributed. All this time that she's arguing with us about how we're being unfair, all that time we've been making compromises for her, all that time we've been mining our asses off, she's done nothing. She knows how our community works, she knows everyone is supposed to contribute.

What bothers me is that we trusted her.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 am

If it makes you feel better, we could call this her last chance.

I trust that we've made it clear to her now though. Contributions should be underway, once someone tells her how.
Although, if you ask too much of her she might leave of her own accord, since it simply wouldn't be fun anymore. Let's try and find the working way, eh?
Back to top Go down
namrorrim
mirrorman
namrorrim

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am

*Walks in, and looks around*

Nothing to do here... *Sips Tea*

Glun you rock, just saying. F7U12 yeah.

*Sips tea, and walks out again*
cyclops

Oh, also I think Glun has been very Fair, I agree with his way of dealing with situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:53 pm

What I think, is that it just should of been,
Hey shifra (RawRiii) Why don't you do more? And Id be like ok, end of, instead of this whole argument, I really just think that we should all just drop it, and move on Smile
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 pm

We've always been telling people to help out as much as they can, so when I found out that you still weren't, of course I got mad and started ranting.

I feel like you took advantage of us.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Just last week when Coren and I saw you using iron we told you that if you use it you should also mine it.
You knew, and that's what bothers me the most.
The community is based on trust, trust that it won't be misused, and I feel like you broke that trust.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Knowing and realising are not the same thing.

Let's at least now establish that the problem has been realized.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I think is NOT FAIR   What I think is NOT FAIR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I think is NOT FAIR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-
Jump to: