Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Matter of the Bed that Hid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

The Matter of the Bed that Hid Empty
PostSubject: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:59 pm

"Mommy, there's a monster in my cupboard"
"Don't worry dear, it's just the bed hiding from the creepers"

So yeah, two things:

1Why do the beds keep unloading so soon and throw me back to the spawn area when I get lagspider'd and how can we fix this?

2Is it an idea to install a mod or other additive that allows certain members to get tp or /townspawn abilities? (Animus-Network has this and some other things. I'm not sure which mod is which so I'm not going to mention any names. However, that server is so popular that beds never get a chance to unload, so we didn't really need it as much there. What we did use was telepads.)

Ideas?
Back to top Go down
namrorrim
mirrorman
namrorrim

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:42 am

I like the mod idea... sounds like it's worth looking into =)

It's mostly up to perry o:
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:37 pm

As soon as Bukkit is released I'll look into getting some kind of plugin.
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:22 am

I hope it fixes some of the lag issues as well. It's really a hassle to fight monsters and open chests and stuff
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:29 am

I have to ask before you start assuming I already have known for ages and it becomes too awkward to ask:

What is 'bukkit', exactly?
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 am

I see Perry didn't reply to this like I asked him to. Bukkit is a pretty standard minecraft mod (I don't know if "Mod" is the right term here) that allows you to do some pretty simple things like set spawn, as well as fix the stupid server error that makes you have to log in a million times.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Walrus is pleased with this.
Back to top Go down
Coren
Admin
Coren

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm

oooh, tell him I say hi
Back to top Go down
Micha

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Coren wrote:
I see Perry didn't reply to this like I asked him to. Bukkit is a pretty standard minecarft mod (I don't know if "Mod" is the right term here) that allows you to do some pretty simple things like set spawn, as well as fix the stupid server error that makes you have to log in a million times.

I would say that is slightly inaccurate.
study
Bukkit, IIRC, is a development platform used to make 'plugins'. Craftbukkit, which most people simply think of as Bukkit, is a custom/alternative (Not sure whether it's modified Vanilla or completely rewritten) minecarft server. Using a Craftbukkit server allows one to use Plugins, which are what most would think of as Mods. Plugins allow almost anything to be done, from user permissions, to chest/door protection, to structures, to various methods of transportation, to anti-griefing protections, to a currency system, to the famous Faction system... You get the picture. Unfortunately, Bukkitcraft Craftbukkit can sometimes take a long time to be updated for new versions of MC.
That is how we stand now, although the Bukkit website (I can't link to it in my first week -- it's bukkit.org) is down right now, so there may be upcoming news on the topic.

EDIT: fixed stupid mistake above silent

Last edited by Micha on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Hyes, that's the answer I was looking for, thank you and well done, sir.
Helpful, technical, and understandable.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 4/5
Back to top Go down
Micha

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Great -- glad I could help! Very Happy

Also, the site's back up. From the Docs (wiki):
Quote :
What is the difference between Bukkit and CraftBukkit?
Bukkit is the developer API, while CraftBukkit is a mod for the official minecarft server that uses the Bukkit API.
Basically, Bukkit is what plugin developers work with to bring you those cool, new features that make your server fricking awesome.
CraftBukkit is what we've made so that you can use those plugins with the official minecarft server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Matter of the Bed that Hid   The Matter of the Bed that Hid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Matter of the Bed that Hid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-
Jump to: