Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org)

All things related to Perry's server and some random crap.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you serious?

Go down 
+5
RawRiii:)
Glunnator
Greenbargo
Perry
natik the nlionf
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
natik the nlionf

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:34 am

Server shutting down due to excess asshole-ness?

What the hell are you thinking?
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:47 am

I'm tired of cleaning up after other people, nobody ever takes responsibility and everything is constantly a mess.
I keep trying start over and have people be better but everything always stays messy and I still end up cleaning up after people.
I've decided to stop hosting the server.
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:11 am

I don't know what the hell you're talking about this town is really nice, why can't you just go live by yourself with Coren? Why would you shut down the server for everyone just because of a few creeper holes..

EDIT: oh here's an idea, light up the area. Remember in TNT town how we lit up the whole area and there were never any monsters? Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Greenbargo

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:21 am

SRSLY?!?! this is all just about freaking creeper holes?!?! please coren and perry, react to natiks last comment!!
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:36 am

I've been doing everyone favor by actually hosting this server for people, so I think it's reasonable that I should stop it when I've reached the point that I'm getting much more annoyance than fun out of this.
Avishai, did you notice how natik brought that comment out of nowhere? Also, what's Coren got to do with this?
I don't know what gave you the idea that it's just that, but it's also things like people accidentally burning down houses, the occasional grief, people screwing up things I worked on, having big frustrating arguments, etc.
Running the server slows down my internet and means I have to keep my computer on 24/7.
Since I've stopped having fun with this, and have only been getting frustrated, I see no reason to keep hosting this server.

Last edited by Perry on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 am

Don't make me host a server for you.
I could give the server files to someone else and they can host it.
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 pm

You were hosting it for yourself. Go play singleplayer and you'll see. And I wrote that comment before avishai told me the conversation you had. And you think we didn't notice how similar your comment is to what Coren was ranting about on teamspeak?
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Creeper holes are hard to avoid anyways with the lag some of us were getting...
Back to top Go down

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Theres a couple of things i have to say on this.
Im not tryna be rude, but the town we had, wasnt fun, because we had to do everything according to some plan. The only thing we could do, was make the house as big as we like. I dont know what it is with you and Coren, but that was making it not fun. Its like, everything anyone does has to be analyzed to see if itss right for you. You were hosting it for yourself as well as us. We didnt have these problems of all the laws and whatever, in 1.7,1.8 until the end of 1.9. Now that the servers down, the fact that you were hosting it for everyone else as well, is a big let down. Because once you decide to host the server, its not just about your wants and needs on the game anymore, its about everyones. Just don't be so uptight about it, and remember, its just a ga,e. and now that youve brought this to our attention, we can fix things.
Back to top Go down
Glunnator
Glunniest of all Gluns

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Well said!
I wholeheartedly agree.
Back to top Go down

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 pm

And I wasnt saying that rudely, its just that it needed to be said.

THANK YOU GLUN rabbit
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:07 pm

I was having fun until 1.8 and since then it's just been frustration.
It was great when it was just me and a few people who agreed with my way of playing.
But once I got some more people, I kept having to sacrifice things I wanted for other people, cause I wanted to make everyone happy.

I was always getting told off for being unfair, and so was Coren. We were accused of acting like we own the server.
Well here's a story you might not know. I originally made the server for me and Coren.
And as far as we're concerned, we let everyone else on trying to be nice.
But then, as we let more people join, they started ruining our fun.
And so started my endless frustration.

Shifra, I understand that we where making it not fun for some people. No offence taken.
So I'm sure you won't be offended when I say that you and some other people were making it not fun for us.
I was trying to preserve what I had before I added a bunch of people.
But I couldn't. People didn't want to play the way I wanted to. And I still disagree with a lot of the server about how they want to manage things.
I was always working hard to pull things in the direction I wanted while some people were always pulling the other way.
So I kept changing things, trying to make things work out anyway.
But now I accept that things won't be the way they were. Not because of certain rules. Not because of a certain economical system. But because people want different things.

Guys, I'm simply not interested in hosting the server, but it can still exist if someone else hosts it.
I'll give that person the server files and you can keep this server for yourselves. I might come to visit once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Shemesh517

Shemesh517

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Well, I kind of knew this would happen and you know what..?
I side with Perry. Not because I'm a suck up but because while I was reading this I put myself in his place.

Imagine being yelled at for slowing down the Internet, getting on just to be showered with rants and things that should've been on the forums, having griefers ruin big projects, having people stealing from the chests, more problems on the forums.

How the heck is he meant to have fun with this kind of carp?
I know for a fact that if another one of us takes the responsability, the server wouldn't last very long.

Thank you Perry for hosting and trying to have fun, but maybe you will create an alternative in order to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 pm

RawRiii:) wrote:
Now that the servers down, the fact that you were hosting it for everyone else as well, is a big let down.
I'm not quite sure what you meant by that, could you clarify?
Back to top Go down
Shemesh517

Shemesh517

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 pm

I think what she's trying to say is that she's disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 am

Natik, I don't know what Coren said on Teamspeak, but this was my decision, not his. And even if he was having a lot of fun here and wanted to keep the server, I don't.
Also, I'm not sure if you misunderstood what I said, but when I said I'm not hosting it for myself anymore, I meant that I'm not having fun here, and I wanna stop playing on the server.
And if I'm not playing on a server, and I'm hosting it, then the situation is that I'm hosting it for other people.
So it makes much more sense that one of those people hosts the server instead of someone who isn't even playing.

Does anyone want to host this server instead of me?
I'd be happy to give the server files to anyone who's interested in hosting.
Back to top Go down
Greenbargo

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:36 am

okay! perry listen allot of things have been said on this topic but i would like to just say this. and tell me if you disagree with it!

you put back the server and you and a selected few that you pick go move and make your perfect town and oyu leave this town to the rest

IS THAT OK WITH YOU?

btw i just want to say it was terrible when everyone would grief things that you built-that all of us built! when your the one running the server

there have been allot of wrongs in the past i agree but form those wrongs we learn the solution which is what i wrote above please please react and put the server back i miss it very much
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:58 am

It's not just living with certain people, it's also being an admin, having the server slow my internet when I don't really wanna play anymore.
We're still gonna have big arguments when someone wants to restart (which is probably gonna happen).
People are still gonna constantly ask me to cheat for them. People will continue to make annoying requests to me.
I just don't feel like dealing with any of this stuff anymore.
I'll still have to ban people in your town if they grief you. I'll still have to be an admin.
Unless....
You, or someone else who actually wants to use the server takes responsibility and hosts it themselves.
Back to top Go down
Greenbargo

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:58 pm

okay, that's a different story if you just feel your server isn't worth having slow internet and you just don't like being an admin anymore

so....

anyone willing to host the server?!?!???!

Back to top Go down
EvilBastard
Mr. Webman

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 am

Perry -

I'd be interested in trying my hand at hosting. See how well it works and stuff.
I can has server files?
Back to top Go down
Shemesh517

Shemesh517

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:56 am

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
EvilBastard
Mr. Webman

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:03 am

Thankfully, I can always change my mind.
I've never admined a server so I don't know how bad its gonna get
Back to top Go down
natik the nlionf

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Obviously the fact that Perry and Coren refuse to go off and live alone in the vast minecarft world means that they're bored of minecarft altogether, so that's okay. I myself haven't been playing minecarft that much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:48 pm

And again, WHAT'S COREN GOT TO DO WITH THIS?!
Back to top Go down
Perry
Server Owner
Server Owner
Perry

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 pm

You guys seem to think that Coren is some evil Nazi that hates everyone and is evilly controlling my mind and making me be really mean and do bad things.
Every time there's an argument, the mere fact that Coren is on one side makes that opinion illegitimate to some of you.
A few times an this thread you guys seamed to have thought "well this is really disappointing. Coren must be behind it"
I don't know why the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU you insist he's such an asshole and I don't feel like starting another argument, but I assure you, this was my decision and every post I have here is my opinion.
We haven't had the opportunity to talk in the past few days and I don't even know what he thinks about most of what was said here. I only talked to him a bit after I made this decision.
So stop de-legitimizing everything I say by adding Coren into the equation.
And annoying sarcasm is not going to make me wanna host a server. You should have been trying to convince me that I could still have fun with this.
Instead, you've made sarcastic remarks about how I'm stupidly overreacting or something. And that my whole position is ridiculous.
That really doesn't help. It makes me want to be an admin and play with all of you even less.
If you want to save the server, your only option now is to have one of you host.
But it seems none of you wants to take that responsibility.
Lack of responsibility is the main reason the community kept falling apart, and now, it will kill the server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are you serious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you serious?   Are you serious? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you serious?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perry's Server (Potatoman.dyndns.org) :: Minecraft Related Stuff-
Jump to: